Our research portfolio
On average, the Institute of Mineral and Waste Processing, Recycling and Circular Economy Systemsis working on 20 grant research projects and a number of contract research projects in parallel.
The main focus of the research activities, which are currently supervised by the scientific staff, are the fields
- Recycling of mining deposits (tailings)
- Recycling of production residues (mainly metals)
- Recycling of old products from the high-tech sector (end-of-life vehicles, electronic scrap, batteries)
- Material flow management of waste and secondary raw materials
- Development of network structures in recycling
The projects cover the entire spectrum from basic research to application-oriented developments.
The following projects are examples of this:
We develop regional solutions for the circular economy and exchange experiences with other regions. We use material flow management methods for regional solutions as well as for systems without a regional reference.
We analyze the value chain of batteries and develop recycling processes for a sustainable circular economy.
We develop separation solutions for fine grained and strongly intergrown primary raw materials and waste by special physical and physico-chemical treatment in particular by flotation.
We develop separation solutions for complex primary and secondary raw materials using mechanical/physical treatment processes.